Monday, October 10, 2011

Get It While You Can

I wander outside in the morning to contemplate the days activities and make sure the truck is properly loaded. I better get a foliage cam picture before it is all over.



This is fall over my roof.



And what a difference two days make. All of a sudden the mountains have turned. It is official. This will be the peak week of leaf peeping.



Even my oldest baby Rough Bark Japanese Maple that grows at an agonizingly slow rate is getting in on the act. It is not unusual for the Japanese maple's leaves to freeze and turn brown before they have a chance to turn.



And what is this? A pure white Blue Wood Aster?



Please no. Not another aster.

2 comments:

Lola said...

It is looking a lot like Fall around the Cozy Cabin. Things can change from one day to another.
Beautiful setting for that gorgeous home. Is it far from you?

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola the big house is south of Waynesville in a neighborhood where I work.