Friday, October 14, 2011

A Little Stone Work

You would never know until I tell you that beneath the fallen leaves, the pea gravel lake of zen and the raised bed contained by a short stone wall lies the turdbox and main sewer line.

One of the good things about being a gardener/landscape designer is that after the construction is done, we make things pretty. It is often quite easy to make a client happy after the turmoil and destruction of construction.



Back at the home of my first official request for a Japanese garden, the new addition was done. It was time to clean up and reconnect the back garden to the front with a new path.



A pallet of chocolate flagstone was delivered and I was asked to make a path to connect to the existing flagstone walkway that is right up against the side and back of the house. I had to do something a little more creative. A straight line would have been boring and on this slope that descends three to four feet from front to back, a straight line would have ended up more like stairs steps.



A garden path is born. Now it needs a little more garden.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Garden to come!!

bev

Christopher C. NC said...

I like it and the client likes it. Bev you make it unanimous.

Dianne said...

Make that three!

Absolutely love it!

Lola said...

Gorgeous. Make that 4. I really like it.

Siria said...

Beautiful! It's definitely unanimous!!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like the stone flower at the turn in the pathway. Very creative and inviting.

Stone Art's Blog said...

Love the stone path