Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Lady In Red

Can you tell I put a second coat of the Molera Vaquero Red on the main girder



On both sides of the cozy cabin and touched up the over flow from painting the haint not blue of the ceiling of the basement patio? I did. I get close enough to be able to tell it looks better. I get close enough to notice that the haint not blue does look blue under cloudy conditions and more green in sunny situations. I'm beginning to think there is no such thing as a stable color.



I could believe the same thing about asters. There is no such thing as a stable aster. Here is another look at the new aster discovery some folks think might be Lady in Black, Symphyotrichum lateriflorum. I think they are right looking at the link at the MBG. I was inspecting its basal rosette while taking these pictures and the leaves were distinctly different so I decided it wasn't an odd Blue Wood Aster and must be a different species. It is a rather demure aster compared to all the others. No wonder I never really stopped to pay attention before.



The last loud shout of the season of vegetation ends in a color bonanza before the whole world turns grey and demure for the long winter rest.



Green is becoming a lost concept.



Gardeners often go to great lengths to bring color into the landscape. I do my part, making sure the roadside bed has something blooming from early spring to the very end. I even have the standing grasses for winter interest.



I put all this thought and effort into a season long display and nature laughs, putting my color efforts to shame.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the cabin is looking good.
Sallysmom

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Go ahead and take a bow. Well done.

Siria said...

I second Lisa! Love that photo of the cozy cabin with the view of the hillside of blue asters!

Lola said...

OMG. I third Lisa & second Siria. It is all gorgeous.

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

I love the red girder, and I love your aster too. I do think the same aster can look so different in different garden spots. It's an odd thing isn't it? Happy fall.~~Dee