Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Walk Down To The Great Lawn

There was another garden visitor today. With nothing else pressing to be tended to, I gave the paths and Great Lawn a fresh whack to look good for the company. I like it better that way myself. The garden should look good for me too.





















There is quite a bit of the Lush to pass through to get to the Great Lawn. It is the more important component of the garden anyway.





















I have a bit of iris blooming to break up the waves of textured greens.





















The Yellow Flag Iris is blooming well. I have seen it do better.



















The Great Lawn is the negative space in an ocean of Lush. It gives the larger garden a sense of scale. It says there is purpose and intent to the space. It says come on down to the garden.





















And set a spell.





















There are things to be seen out there.






















I was editing when my quest arrived. As I headed back to the house, his head popped out from the back porch looking out over the garden. The Great Lawn and my shiny silver balls were the first thing he saw.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

By all means you should enjoy your garden. You work so hard for the reward of a beautiful view. Good to hear your balls were all shiny for your visitor.

Unknown said...

In pics 5 and 6 I love your rustic bench. What is it made of? I need something like this only smaller for my trail. Did you make it or buy it?

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa now I just need to refresh the paths in my mom's half of the garden.

Dana the benches are made from pieces of logs or tree trunks. They were someone else's garbage that followed me home.

Barry said...

Some folks like to make faux bois benches but I like your real bois ones better!