Thursday, May 7, 2015

Texture And Amusements

My so called lawn is amusing me. The dandelions are in full fluff with seed. It's what I get for not being a lawn fanatic and I will take it. Thank you very much Mother Nature for entertaining me.





















The garden continues to change. In my wild and in my shade, adding texture was a key element to saying this is a garden. In my case it meant adding big and bold foliage. That effort is beginning to show off. Nature helps a bit with ample ferns and tons of trilliums that differ in texture from most of the smaller leafed perennial wild flowers.





















There are other amusing additions that nature offers. The Jack in the Pulpits are numerous and come in three colors and are sized small to gigantic.





















I have been adding big foliage like Rodgersia, Hosta, Darmera, Iris, Actaea, Aruncus and Aralia to name a few. The big foliage stands out in the Lush.





















But sometimes I don't have to do anything and large quantities of amusing texture just shows up on its own.

And on the first wind it will be gone.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

A lot of those big leaved things won't grow in my garden. I have tried them. It gets to darned hot and dry here. BAH

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa up here it is cool and wet enough that I think these big leaved plants would get even bigger if I could give them more sun. I need my sun though for things that have to have it.