Thursday, May 14, 2009

It Only Leaks

When it rains.

The front porch roof anyway. It still needs its ridge caps and wall flashing, but all the panels are now on. Just in time for the first really good thunderstorm of the summer type weather season.



The sound of a good rain on a warm metal roof with open framing was much quieter than I had anticipated. It is a more gentle melodic sound than a hard rat-a-tat-tat. That is a good thing I suppose. Time will tell if different rains produce different qualities of sound.



Even with the leaks I can get out of the rain and find a place in the shade on my front porch now.

5 comments:

lola said...

AWWW, it's looking great. Not long now till you'll be home in the Cozy Cabin. Then you can go to sleep & listen to a gentle rain on that tin roof. Heaven.

chuck b. said...

Our bathroom sometimes leaks when it rains. The red framing is a nice detail.

Anonymous said...

Well if something had to leak, better the porch than inside the cabin. LOVE that red!

bev

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I sure hope it is done by this winter.

I'm loving the red Chuck and now I have a bad idea of doing the porch floor in the all the house colors, Pollock style.

Bev once I have the ridge caps and wall flashing on it should only potentially leak when it rains sideways in gail force winds. I won't be on the porch in those conditions.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yep, I can see you sitting there rocking away.