Sunday, January 16, 2011

Seventy Feet To Go

I shovel around the mailbox and the the top of the driveway regular. I am the last house on the route and the mail carrier needs a place to turn around. The hunters and lost drivers appreciate the turn around too.

I started shoveling for the appliance delivery down below. What's left is the top seventy feet.


























I think I'm wore out. Next winter when I am living in the cabin I ain't shoveling this whole driveway or any other driveway. I'm parking at the top leaving enough room for the mail carrier and others to turn around.

8 comments:

Cheryl K. said...

The good news is, next winter won't be quite like this winter!

Christopher C. NC said...

One can certainly hope Cheryl.

antigonum cajan said...

One hundred species and five continents...Who reads this, snow, cold, bulbs and such?

Lola said...

No 2 times are alike. But one can prepare for the other.
That seems a long way for a shovel. Do be careful, take lots of breaks.
Hoping this is the last of the white stuff. One can wish.
Take care, stay warm.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I don't blame you. I am worn out just reading about all that shoveling.

Anonymous said...

I second Lisa! (:

bev

Siria said...

I third Lisa! I hope that sun comes and melts it for you. Any neighbor with a little tractor and a blade to help you out?!

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

snowblower.