Saturday, April 9, 2011

An Evening At Wamboldtopia

Spring has firmly taken hold in the lower elevations. It seemed an opportune time for a potluck dinner and reconnection of the West Asheville Garden Stroll team hosted in the gardens at Wamboldtopia.



My mind has been on the patience of a saint for the last two days. Some of the statuary at Wamboldtopia and it's ongoing state of creation brought that notion home.



All I had to do was switch back to the older, slower and crankier computer and make it function again for its owner after updating itself on the slow and cranky stupid Hughes satellite internet service. And it only took two days of Internet Explorer browser locking up repeatedly to remind me to install Firefox browser on this computer too.



There is always beauty to be found even when a good part of the world around you is in a state of flux. I think Damaris, co-creator of Wamboldtopia would agree.



The older, slower and crankier computer is now set up as best as it can be. I only yelled at it once.

I got to enjoy a most pleasant evening in a beautiful garden with fellow gardeners in the middle of a computer renovation, a very good thing. I even came home with two boxes brimming with wine bottles that had been stashed on a porch in West Asheville just for me.

3 comments:

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! It looks like your wine bottle garden edging will have very well traveled bottles. :) I have another box started for you.

It looks like you had a fun evening in a gorgeous garden!

Lola said...

So glad you had a chance to get away for some enjoyable fun.
It all looks so good.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a pretty garden. All is growing well in your part of the world.