Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hyacinthoides hispanica

It was a long and aggravating day. The cozy cabin has electrical issues beyond my abilities and when I called the well man to come check his well he bypassed some unfathomable and bizarre electrical issue by putting the bare wires of the well pump directly on the main feeder lines. Water came forth and then proceeded to come out of the bottom of the cabin. The water lines beneath the cabin floor either froze and cracked or have been chewed through by varmints. UGH!!

There comes a point when you just have to stop and go for a walk in the garden. The millions of Spanish Blubells are beginning to reach full bloom.

In pink



In blue



In white



En masse



This little miniature iris is doing a repeat bloom.



The drive to Florida is now on Friday. We wait for an official signature of an official who is gone, but who surely must have already signed another official form stating the cause of death. I talked to him on the phone and he told me the official verdict days ago and released the body. The search for a secondary official signature is on. That official signature is needed on another form to allow the mortuary to proceed with the cremation. It would be nice to be able to take my father back to Florida for his funeral.

The deciduous azaleas are starting to show up. No form needed.



Can iris have four petal arrangements?



Bulbarella in her garden.



I see this and will believe this garden has magic powers.



It has been clearly stated that the stay in Florida will be of the briefest duration possible and would I stay in Florida until Wednesday to drive Bulbarella back to her garden.



It would be my honor.



This garden has magic powers.

4 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Indeed, the garden does have magic powers. Last week I ordered a bunch of blue, pink and white "bluebells" to plant in my little garden. I'm glad I did!

I'm sorry about your electrical and plumbing issues. And for all those official forms that you seem to be constantly working on. Dagnabit, you deserve for it to go better.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It seems when it rains it pours. I am hoping there will be some closure for you by getting the electrical, plumbing issues fixed, papers signed and life's bumps smoothed out. Geez. Big hugs to you and Bulberella.

Fairegarden said...

Good gracious, Christopher, is there no end to the signature snafu, let alone the electrical/plumbing issues! The garden is full of magic, the best, healing kinds. I applaud Bulbarella for wanting to get back to the garden.
xo
Frances

Lola said...

I totally agree with Frances. You deserve some quiet time for yourself. Being close to Mom is terrific of you but she will also want her time.
Much love to you both. The garden of magic will work wonders.