Saturday, November 5, 2011

Reimagining

The glass bottle edging was too linear. Too mundane. One note and kind of blah. It needed to be kicked up a notch. My sense of order doesn't let go easy as you can see. What if I transition to randomness as you head out in to what is bound to be another wild cultivated garden?



A sense of order will carry you inside.



I set about reimagining the glass bottle edging and adding stone to the mix. It is much like writing a musical piece for an orchestra, one sour note can throw the whole thing off. It's driving me crazy as you can imagine.



There are parameters it must conform to being that the cabin side bed is next to the driveway. Still, I think the bed will end up just a wee bit bigger.



I can play with this for a while until it is just right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see where you could drive yourself (and your back) crazy with tweaking, but I sure like the idea!

bev

Lola said...

It will all come together for you. Just be careful.

Barry said...

I see islands and currents with waves sweeping along. Let them flow.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Oooo I like it. The stones that start and stop the glass also does this to the eye.

Rebecca said...

I'm thinking about my own attempts to "bottle-border" and realize I need to place them deeper into the ground. Maybe next spring?????

I'm having a good time watching you "reimagine"!

Alison said...

Oh, I love this mix of rocks and bottles! I have been planning to do a bottle border in one area, and a rock border in another. Now I think I might combine them as you have. When I saw your first photo I had a little epiphany moment. I like it a lot. I have problems letting go of orderliness too. Not a good tendency to have when you have a cottage garden, where messiness often rules.