Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snow It Begins

First were the buckets of rain. Sun flurries followed on a rapacious wind. While tall grasses make their last winter stand.





















Snow stuck. Snow melted. It wasn't piling up.



























The baby evergreens in a garden becoming stand out now before the rush to spring.





















Just a dusting on the first day.





















The crocus contemplate their options.





















But now they are entombed






















And must wait. It is piling up. Six inches they said. We are headed towards ten.





















Snow it will end.

4 comments:

Lola said...

Oh my, that is a lot of white stuff. Sure hope it don't stick around. It is pretty tho.
Windy here, cooling it somewhat. Sun is shining.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola this will qualify as one of the biggest snows of the winter. It's still coming down heavy.

Dianne said...

Have I told you I am sick of snow? We have about 4 inches, but who is to know with all the snowing and all the melting going on. Tomorrow looks good and maybe, just maybe spring will arrive.

Christopher C. NC said...

Dianne I do believe you have mentioned that once or twice. I am trying my best not to be sick of snow. It is so quiet, so calm when the snow falls heavy. I try to take that in.