Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Quick Trip To The Mailbox

At 20 degrees with sideways snow on a steady 20mph wind with higher rattling gusts, an official snow day was declared. I was staying put.





















I stayed put except for a short trip to the mailbox. The mail was delivered in a Jeep today. That was different. She doesn't have much choice. All that other traffic I watched creeping by on the snow covered scenic byway is another matter. Why I wonder?





















Three kitties know better. They have been outside, but very, very briefly. It's cold out there. I'm just happy that now that they are older their impulse control is better. There is less bouncing off the walls.



























I did much better today being cooped up by snow. Yesterday I was trapped by a steady heavy rain and was feeling cold and a bit antsy. Today was twenty plus degrees colder and I felt warmer and more relaxed. Adjustments.





















This is the first real snow beyond a dusting. What does it portend for the winter ahead?





















Where's my list? Do I have enough indoor winter projects?





















A quick trip to the mailbox won't keep me occupied all winter.

4 comments:

beverly said...

Love your begonia; which one is that? You will find projects to do; never fear. But bask in all that you have already accomplished! Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Christopher C. NC said...

Happy Thanksgiving Bev. I have no idea what the name of the begonia is. I just hope it survives six months indoors.

Lola said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Christopher. I have the same begonia, but don't know it's name. It was a cutting from brother.

Christopher C. NC said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lola. Hope you have a most pleasant day.