Sunday, September 28, 2014

In The Morning Light

Might I say how pleasant it is to go for a morning stroll and know I don't have to rush off to work. The day is mine to move as slowly as I want. I can sit and watch the morning light turn on Miscanthus 'Morning Light'.





















It shouldn't be too long before I can go back to a five day work week, but it will all be over by then.





















Instead of wandering through the Tall Flower Meadow I will be thinking about moving ten tons of gravel to the basement patio. I sure hope I get that done this winter.

During my stroll a truck pulled off the scenic byway and a young dreadlocked hippie dude stopped to tell me how much he enjoyed my little house and all the flowers. That was sweet.

He lives at a nearby farm and manages a rustic hostel high atop Sandy Mush Bald. I have thought of hiking up to the hostel and told him so.





















Signs of the change flutter down to rest on the Great Lawn.





















After my slow morning stroll I climbed just as slowly up a ladder high into a tree.





















Pe'a lele has found his perch. There is one more roadside attraction at Ku'ulei 'Aina.





















Blue Wood Asters help light up the shadier parts of the garden. They continue to spread under my editing regimen.





















On a slow day at the end of September the only thing that needs doing in the garden is to enjoy it.


6 comments:

Lola said...

The guy in the 6th pic sure will keep the bad things at bay. Love the grass blooming in the first pic.

Jean Campbell said...

I've watched the approach and zenith of fall at your place and enjoyed every post.

I'm glad your garden protector is high on the tree and you are safely back on the ground. Looks great.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola that is his job. The grasses are so great when the light hits them just right.

Jean the end of summer first of fall truly is the best time in the garden. The spectacle of the trees turning is still to come. Yes it felt good to be finished and back on the ground.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The way you have photographed your house with the surrounding lush it looks like a fairy garden.

Christopher C. NC said...

It is a tiny house Lisa.

Barry said...

Pe`a lele makes the best KAPU sign ever.