Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Blue Asters Begin

I know it is getting late when the blue asters start to bloom.





















The two blue and at least three species of white asters are the last big bloom of the time of vegetation.





















All the different mums get in on the action as well.





















It is turning blue out there. It is also a bit unusual for the goldenrod to still be in bloom at the same time. All of the bloom in the Tall Flower Meadow seems more bunched up this year. The white Snakeroot normally is well into fade when the blue asters start. Not this year. I'm good with that.





















Ironweed and New England Aster. My asters are tall.





















This white flower on a blue New England Aster body was a surprise. It is not uncommon for me to find these uncommon aberrations when I look really close. I have the conditions for all kinds of cross pollination that can produce hybrids.

Right now I am watching an unknown to see what its blooms will look like. The plant says new species. I'm guessing aster.





















I'm supposed to be yanking these because they annoy me when they fall over. Now that they are in bloom it is too late. Maybe next year.





















I'll have plenty of asters for the next Bloom Day.





















I'll have plenty of everything. Late summer really is the best.





















The Tall Flower Meadow is now showing with blue asters.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful array of photos. Hope you saw my Facebook comment.

Rebecca said...

Oh, my! What to DO with such abundance except admire, photograph, and pass it on....