Saturday, July 8, 2017

Burying The Anaconda

I know what it feels like to wrestle a giant snake now. This three inch hose/pipe has some meat on its coils.





















That is what is going to bring the water all the way up to the top of the Almighty Falls.





















There will be a short ride followed by a long drop.





















A long trench was dug and it was buried along with some conduit for a jolt of electricity to run the pump. The x marks a spot where I need a 3" coupling.





















I do believe the base for the Almighty Falls is done.





















It is kind of a shame I have to cover it all with a rubber liner.





















The plan is for all the water that falls to end up in here. That's the plan.

I had a lot of help from my rock wigglers today. It made a world of difference in the progress achieved. They even wiggled a whole load of rocks around the pond. The rocks will land inside on a shelf of gravel beneath the rubber liner. The shelf is critical to hiding the liner.





















It's almost ready for the rubber liner.





















The anaconda was buried.





















The rock piles wait. I will build the Almighty falls.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Exciting. If the hose was a struggle I can imagine what a huge sheet of rubber is going to be like. I hope a cool spell comes along when you are wrestling the liner.