Sunday, July 30, 2017

Half Whacked

The main entry path into the garden is bait and switch.





















I couldn't put off the mowing any longer. That thin tether to civilized was losing its grip.





















The Tall Flower Meadow can close off a pathway without thinking.





















I had no intent to do it all. I just needed to get started.





















That wide welcoming path turns to trails quick enough. You won't know it until it is too late.





















I made good progress and stopped. There was time yet for a slow quiet walk through a half-mowed garden. It ended on the basement patio which is at full operating potential after sun set.





















The basement patio turned out mighty fine. I see echoes of another designer's work.





















I have actually been making use of it during the last few weeks of hottish.





















My garden really is half whacked in more ways than one.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad you are able to relax a bit in your own garden. You have been working too hard.