Friday, September 22, 2017

The Change Begins

The bent blue wood asters have started to open in abundance. The mountain will soon be awash in blue mixed with the leaning fade of the Tall Flower Meadow.




















The process of flying white fuzz is underway.





















Berries are red ripening while leaves begin to turn.





















Berries don't last. Passing birds will be flying through pretty soon. The berries are removed.





















There is a unidentified Goldenrod that blooms in the shade of the forest. It is a nice one to have as the season begins to change. Irma roughed them up a bit, but they bloom on.





















Crimson heads of Angelica will fade to a tawny brown as the seeds mature. They look much like parsnip seeds. The plants are even quite similar in leaf and habit. It would not surprise me if some of my parsnips have gone wild.





















There is already significantly less day left when I get home. That is fine for now. I have significantly less energy upon my return these days. Next spring comes with a big fat zero at the end of my number. A change has already begun in me as well.




















The tall grasses are in bloom. These are the last addition to height in the meadow. That process is reversed from here forward.





















Now I wait as the Goth Period unfolds.





















In a leaning Tall Flower Meadow.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Don't tell me you are going to be 50 next year?? Oh do tell. ;)
I hope you get to relax and enjoy your own garden this weekend.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I wish I was going to be 50 next year. Add +1 to the front number and there you have it. I am officially the old man who built the Almighty Falls.

Barry said...

Chris, the secret to longevity is to keep having birthdays.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You tough old man. ;) I do hope you enjoyed your birthday. What a way to crown your 50s, by creating a magnificent jewel of a falls.