Thursday, August 9, 2018

It Became August

During a rare space of quiet where everyone seemed happy, I looked up from my schedule and it was August. How did that get here?




















Now mind you I do wander and putter for hours over the course of a week, but the wild cultivated gardens continue to amaze me with how undemanding they are. Nothing really has to be done now. It can wait for another day or a different season.




















That is not how things happen in a proper garden. The schedule says I won't be back for two weeks for many of them and that changes the dynamic. A lot of things will need to be done now.




















I come home looking into the playpen and putter. That is a different kind of being.




















I can just wander into The Land Of Joe Pye and not pull a thing unless the urge moves me.




















I get the urge to pull things a lot. A lot of people would think that looks like work. Sometimes it's not. It just the gardener out there fluffing his plants.




















I am a gardener. I like the plants. I want to show them off to their best advantage.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I too like to putter around in the garden. So many people tell me that it looks like too much work but I don't think of it as work. It is being. Your garden looks so good. Everything is so big and healthy.

Christopher C. NC said...

Exactly Lisa. It is being, outside in the fresh air.