Thursday, September 6, 2018

'Oh Dear Lord'

The second dentist said, full set of dentures. $12,000. Bone loss. Major bone loss. I still have most of my teeth. They all have to go. Now. The universe is not done kicking my ass.

That is a better long term deal and makes more sense with what I feel happening in there and what I can see with my new eyeballs when I am brave enough to look at my teeth, than the endless Road of False Hope$ dentist number one wanted to drive me down.




















The first dentist pulled three teeth and gave me a bridge with three crowns. $4000. He wanted $10,000 more to crown my full upper set. He did not want to clean my teeth until after the crowns were in. Why would anyone want to put crowns on my filthy teeth that were slowly falling out? What about my lower set of teeth? Can't those be cleaned?



















I got a second opinion. Full set of dentures. $12,000. That near $4000 crown is now worthless. 'Oh Dear Lord'.




















I told you the less I type the better.




















How am I going to arrange borrowing all that money for a new set of choppers that dentist number two set expectations for, and now dentist number three confirms, are like wearing a pair of rubbah slippas (flip flops) instead of running shoes for a marathon. 'Oh Dear Lord'.


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

When it rains it pours. :(

Sallysmom said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Seems like when we get to a certain age everything starts breaking & falling apart.

SCFan said...

Brings to mind the expression “poor mouth”

Christopher C. NC said...

It's pouring Lisa.

Sallysmom, I'm seeing a trifecta in falling apart ahead. I can already tell what's coming next.

Cynthia, no doubt there is a strong economic correlation, but it feels like I am turning into a replica of my maternal grandfather right on schedule.

beverly said...

Hmm I don't suppose there is a dental school nearby? I have heard they have cheaper prices in exchange for you getting less experience, but this doesn't sound like highly skilled work!