Friday, March 15, 2019

A Spring Like Bloom Day

It is more spring like down in the valley.




















Bulbarella has some kin folk. In more ways than one. They are both lucky to have me for disaster management services.




















High on the low spot spring is coming along.




















Sadly the first big wave of daffodil blooms got zapped. They seem to have gotten ahead of the earlier crocus and anemones bulbs somehow.




















This is Bloom Day. I have plenty blooms. The lighting was bad for pictures though. There is even the beginning of color as the half zapped and unzapped start to open. The daffodils even got ahead of the Trout Lilies which are among the very first blooms to show up.





















The deer chomped Oconee Bell is going to put out a few blooms. This one little start has multiplied enough that I think I can safely take a cutting or two to plant new patches this year. I'll let it grow some new leaves first. Damn varmints!



















I wonder if Ms. Carol at May Dreams has daffodils yet for her Bloom Day? Soon enough I will have more.


3 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Any idea which daff that is in the last pic?

Christopher C. NC said...

Not anymore. The name has faded into the mists of time.

betty-NZ said...

What lovely colors! It's always a joy to see spring colors. I have English hares that munch on my dahlia leaves when they first come up but that's about it for varmits. I do hope your garden flowers survive beyond the critters in your garden.