Thursday, March 7, 2019

Outside In The Cold

The snow was rime. The low was 10.




















Spring had been stirring.




















There was bound to be some freezer burn.




















Tender engorged petals.




















Many are no more.




















Time.




















And circumstance.




















It's all about the timing.




















When did it hit?




















How far along has this gone on?




















Outside in the cold
With layer upon layer in waiting.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This has happened here too. My daffodil foliage is still keeled over. I wonder how long it will take it to revive or if it will.

Christopher C. NC said...

Same here with the daffodils Lisa. I will give it a few more days to fluff up, but I think there has been some bloom stem loss. There are thousands upon thousand more. All is not lost. This just took a bite out of what would have been the first to bloom.

Sallysmom said...

Do you make biochar? I remember vaguely you writing something about it some years back. If so, here is a blogger asking for people to share their experiences. http://www.nodiggardener.co.uk/2019/03/musing-about-char.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RogerBrook-TheNoDigGardener+%28Roger+Brook+-+the+no+dig+gardener%29

Christopher C. NC said...

I never really made biochar Sallysmom. I burned some things and added the remnants to the soil and left it at that. I could empty my firepit on occasion, but that is about the most effort I am willing to make.