Sunday, July 21, 2019

Rusty Trinkets

A lily bulb fell out of the ground somewhere at some point and ended up here. I have no real recollection of how it came to be. I do know I did it. I think. The color of course is a complete surprise. So it goes, the draining away begins. Nice lily though.




















So a thing happened.




















We were rejected for the 2020 Haywood County garden tour.




















What!!
How dare you. Don't you know who I am?




















Christopher needed a lesson in humility. He was given a week of pestilence.




















But, but, but, after twelve years, Ku'ulei 'Aina is...….




















Keep your mouth shut. I was verklempt. That is the wisest option.




















The wild cultivated gardens unseen, rock on.




















With pestilence




















Well hidden in the Lush.




















I trudge on.

This morning was spent adding flashing and hard wire to all the vermin welcome signs I could find on the new shed. The casing around the Styrofoam roofing panel floor was the worst. I heard some gnawing inside there while in process. It will hopefully be impossible to escape.




















The dung piles and parking lot got whacked to make the compound look more civilized. Better to see a bear coming too. Four mystery melons rising in the dung were given plenty room to grow.

Then there was rest.




















Trinkets. Rusty trinkets will help. In memory of Jean Wall Penland.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

They just don't know what they will miss. Good grief!
Don't you just love surprise lilies?? tee hee...
Hopefully that bear went on when he realized your voodoo was no hunk of meat.
That is a pile of rusty stuff.