Sunday, October 13, 2019

It Always Becomes Ephemera

The front porch will need to be coming in soon. Some colder cool is indicated for mid week. The tray of angel wing begonia cuttings need to be potted up and sent out to the universe. They just need a short greenhouse stay elsewhere first. I will have to finagle that.

Trinkets will get rearranged for winter.




















I deliberately put a big fat bundle of finished liatris spikes in the back of my truck for the twenty five mile drive home. I watched the seed flying out the whole way.  A ton of seed was left in the bed of the truck when the stems got tossed in the rubbish pile. Big handfuls of seed were tossed in the garden I visited the next day. More seed will go flying on the drive to town tomorrow.

I am a plant vector.




















Some trinkets are made to last. I've become pretty well convinced that no one is likely to come after me and willingly move huge piles of stacked rocks. But time, gravity and wild pigs may have the final say. They are not likely to get restacked either.




















Tatarian Aster is closing out the season upright and proud. This aster runs. I have not seen evidence of it self sowing yet.




















Smooth sumac is one of the first to go in a dry spell.




















How long will it last?




















Pieces of time captured in metal and stone.




















I started building the cozy cabin in June of 2007. It was finished and I moved in June of 2011. In 2019 the first real home maintenance and repair work has started to come up. Time rubs the new off things.




















The monarchs keep coming. Soon I will be out of asters.




















Looking through the window of time.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Gosh, I remember reading your blog as you built your cabin. That was a fun project to follow. I think you need to put something in that bicycle basket.