Sunday, October 6, 2019

Shed Doodling

I have had two full weekends off in a row without an urgent list. The nice thing about that is I can move at the pace of a sloth and do whatever stikes my fancy. My body and my state of mind needed it.

The Crooked Shed now has a full compliment of shelves and they are already loaded with stuff. A number of items have left the house for good.




















I wandered the entire mountain top at the pace of a sloth. Looking. It took both days. The first cool of autumn arrived in a very dry condition. There was about ten seconds of spit. Real rain might happen tomorrow.




















I walked my deer hunter's trails deep into the forest, up and around to the house next door.




















The flowers of the Tall Flower Meadow are fading into dry without any freezing. They will be well primed for freeze dried. The first cold will add urgent to a small list of winterizing, but there is no way of telling when that will happen anymore.




















It is cool, dry, dry, dry and dried out. The spectacle of fall is about to commence with or without water. Next up for the Crooked Shed is the base for a tile floor and a metal ground skirt to keep the varmints from moving in underneath.

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Sounds like you are getting your little cabin ready for some fine winter snuggling in with a bit more elbow room. This part of the world is looking a bit rusty and worn out.

Becky said...

I’ve read your blog since the beginning and really admire you. BUT - I just don’t see what is crooked about your little blue shed!

Christopher C. NC said...

I'm emptying the cupboards in the house Lisa. Time for some cleaning before they fill back up again. 80% chance of rain today and so far......nothing. I think it's a hoax.


Becky the roof framing is off square by about an inch and a half. That reverberates a bit through the walls and every layer added. It isn't super noticeable and most people's brains will ignore it. Building it, caressing it like I have, my OCD tendencies can't miss it. It will just take my brain a bit longer to ignore it.

Sallysmom said...

Is it deer season yet?

Christopher C. NC said...

Hunting season has begun. There are always early birds casing the joint. It cycles through deer and bear, what kind you can get and with what kind weapon. Basically it is hunting season until late January. I don't hunt so I don't have to know all the dates and rules.