Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Walk With Bulbs

All the grasses were cut down. The trash got picked up along the side of the road. The mountain was walked all over today. I'm kind of done.

Make yourself comfortable. You might need a beverage. Click on a picture for the slide show (the pictures are better) of a virtual walk with the bulbs. Look for Solly Kitty at the bottom of the front steps. She has not consented to going on a garden tour with me yet. She is going to make a very fine happy hour front porch sitting kitty.

The weather ahead is warm with freakish highs in the upper 70's by next weekend. We are in speed bloom. I expect peak, when the most early, mid and late daffodils are all in bloom together to happen this week. So far there is no threat of a killer snow.

In the Wild Cultivated Gardens




































3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The bulb bonanza is a sight to see. Beautiful!

C. C. said...

Very pretty. I love everything.

I'm missing that warm weather. It's cold and dreary here in the Piedmont today.

Is that wood poppy I saw? Do you find it spreads like crazy there? I planted 2 in a small shady plot near my patio. Friends keep warning me that it will go rogue, but so far (at least 5 years), it has remained relatively stationery. Maybe because my soil isn't the best there.

C. C.

Christopher C. NC said...

It is a sight to see Lisa. By the end of the week it should be even more colorful.

Yes that is the Celandine or Woods Poppy, Stylophorum diphyllum, CC. It took three years from a few plants to massive invasion where unwanted seedlings can be pulled. It self sows here abundantly.