Friday, March 6, 2020

The Wounded Skunk

The snow has returned.




















It is fairly common for there to be an eye of maybe blue dry between the rain and the snow. That can last for a day or an hour.




















There was enough time and sun in this eye that the crocus did manage a weak opening.




















Now it is snowing and cold again. The petals are engorged. There could be trouble ahead.




















Bulbs are not the only things stirring. I've had a visitor the last few days in the intermissions between cold wet slop.




















A truly pitiful looking skunk has stumbled through the garden and down the driveway during daylight twice this week. It looks like it got hit by a car.



















It was looking a bit better yesterday before the snow. Still pitiful and no I have no plans to rescue the thing. Even the cats seem to know better.




















The next eye of dry might last three whole days. I have mulch to spread in proper gardens. Here it is just the leaves and chop and drop.




















The Buddha remains guard.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Aww poor little skunk. I hope it moves on instead of trying to move in. The dang varmints ate some of my crocuses. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Christopher C. NC said...

I saw a whole row of crocus mowed down in one of the gardens I tend. I was most annoyed. Damn varmints!!