Saturday, August 20, 2022

In A Different Light

After six hours on hold over two days and while speaking with the fourth IRS representative, the phone line went dead. I got disconnected. There was no call back, as if they did not have my phone number sitting in front of them. I decided to give up on trying to penetrate the IRS phone labyrinth. A slow mail entry into the system will have to do. An online option is not available.

I would rather go for a stroll in a blooming meadow than wait for hours on the phone with drowsy elevator music when I get home in the evening.














There are flowering native wildflowers to be seen. The Downy Skullcap, Scutellaria incana, has produced its first self-sown plant nearby.














All three Yellow Wax Bells, Kirengeshoma palmata that I purchased and planted last fall came up to get slightly nipped by a spring freeze while in the asparagus sprout stage of emergence and nibbled a bit by the deer while in the fresh and tender leaf stage. Small, but healthy and alive, I have hopes they will like it here and grow big and strong in the coming years. I did get some flowers. That is a good sign.














Out wandering in a buzzing meadow, I compose a temperate, just the facts letter to the IRS, while knowing my plan to send identical letters to three different offices, Austin, Memphis and Cincinnati, all with their fingerprints on the problem, could introduce a new hairball into the system. So be it. One of them might be the right department.














An error has occurred. Fix it. I would rather be outside with Joe Pye.














The Persicaria polymorpha has reached the same size as the Miscanthus 'Morning Light'. I like to pretend I will have a deer fence one day.














Three identical letters went out in the morning mail on different journeys. Be like Ironweed.


2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Good luck! Hope one of them hits the right target and ends the frustration for you.

Christopher C. NC said...

Barbara, I know one thing for certain, by the time I hear back from them I will have forgotten all about it. I plan to forget all about it by the end of today. No, you may not occupy any space in my head.