Wednesday, August 16, 2023

A Very Fine House

I wandered out to a late summer wildflower meadow yesterday to take some pictures of the ever-increasing floral abundance to share for the Bloom Day post, then ran out of energy before I could finish. I'm a day late. Such is the way it is these days.














The tall flower meadows are having a stellar bloom this year. A vision in my head from long ago has finally been turned into a reality. I did what I came to do.














Around back, the Voodoo Lilies, Amorphophallus bulbifer and A. konjac are in full summer leaf. The stink has passed. I do believe that smell attracted a yearling bear to come scout the place. That bear was on my front porch Monday afternoon looking right in the window at me sitting at the computer.














Joe Pye is a major element of high bloom in the late summer garden. It is reaching full color and the butterflies float over the gardens by the dozens.














It's a very fine house and a bountiful garden full of life where I am content to spend my final days. It would just be nice if I felt better.


3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Tis a very fine house indeed!

beverly said...

Christopher, remind me how long you have been working on your NC garden? Time flies when you are having fun. I am not sure how I feel about that bear however. Will he try to force his way in?? What do the cats think?

Christopher C. NC said...

Beverly, I started concentrating on the garden in June 2011 after the cozy cabin was finished, so it has been 12 years now. The cats have been extra alert before leaving the front porch and tend to spend the days inside. They want to go out at 3am. They know who is out there. The bear did get inside my truck just once. I'm hoping it got lucky with the slide of a paw on my door handle.