Friday, November 5, 2010

A Witch Hazel Winter

Now that I know when to look I do not miss the native Witch Hazel, Hamamelis virginiana when it blooms.


















The native version blooms with the arrival of winter.


























And that is just what happened last night, winter arrived.


























While it snowed, lightly all day, the throne and the water spigots in the bathroom sink were installed. All the bathroom needs now is water.




















The whole winter lies ahead. There will be plenty of time for the processes that remain to a completed cozy cabin.

6 comments:

Lola said...

Gorgeous. I really like the last pic. What is the name of the grass? I know you've said before but the mind is not the only thing going. lol

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola the grass is the Miscanthus sinensis 'Morning Light'.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Won't it be nice to have a working bathroom.

Layanee said...

I am going outside right now to check my witchhazel for blooms. I am sorry to see the snow this early. You and Kathy from CCG win the prize.

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

I could probably handle the cold better if we got more snow. We get two dustings a year out here in the Flatlands. The last two years, it's snowed on March 2.

Lola said...

Thanks Christopher. It looks great. It shows up nice with the snow.