Monday, June 6, 2011

Provocative

The outside of Hale Mana is simple enough. It has nice lines, but keeps a demure profile without calling attention to itself. Most people could not even guess what will greet them inside. On the garden warming tour one person's jaw literally dropped when they walked inside and she stood there stunned and speechless for a good long moment.



Part of that might have been having some sort subconscious prejudgement about what kind of home I might have. I added to the shock value today with a new chair called 'Provocative'. The sisters are coming to visit at the end of the month and I have to have a bedroom ready. The bed frame was ordered and has been shipped. An under bed storage drawer on wheels was also ordered and has been shipped. Once all that is assembled and in place I can go fetch a mattress.



I have rearranged stuffs and eliminated stuffs that have been stored up in the loft. I have half of a bedroom now. I will no doubt rearrange and eliminate more stuffs before guests move into my house, but they may only end up with three quarters of a bedroom.



It is my goal however to be the first person to live in my house if even only for a short time before I have to move out again. I'll need that quality time with my new house so I can rearrange and find homes for all the stuffs in there now.

5 comments:

Lola said...

Good job. It looks so comfy in a perfect setting.
Love that chair. What is the piece of furniture setting beside the chair?
It's nice to sort stuffs out & eliminate what is not needed.
By all means you should spend time in your new home before anyone else.

Anonymous said...

Why would you have to move out? I can handle the napping lounge and big sis can have the luxury basement accommodations.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that chair! From the photo it seems to exactly match the warm tones of your wood.
I can imagine guests who were lulled by the cabin exterior would be totally surprised by the interior. But the exterior blends in so well with the surroundings; it's perfect.

bev

Siria said...

Hi Christopher!
WOW is all I can say! You've made your cozy cabin a warm and inviting home. You have worked so hard to get to this point, and all your and your Dad's planning has come to fruition. Enjoy it! I have another case of bottles to get to you. I'll call you when I come up that way.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your new chair is nice. It looks like you are going toward a more modern look. If so you are very "in". It is the look now and you will have many choices. It would be such fun to start anew with furniture etc. I envy you your task. It will take a while to get settled into your new home. It is funny how we have preconceived ideas about other people's interiors. It just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover or a home by its exterior. I love surprises. The spice of life.