Monday, November 7, 2011

A Big Rock

This is not a lifting rock. This is a wiggle it around rock. It's heavy. It needs a home.



It slid down the cut slope of the garden access road last winter. Today I felt like wiggling it a little. The barren season is a great time for rocks. They are easier to find when the Lush subsides.

It might make a nice step or an end piece for the short wall I want to build along the path from the basement patio to where it connects to the garden access road.

I wiggled it closer to that intersection.



That is the same intersection where the glass bottle edging is headed. The short wall along the lower path and the glass bottle edging will contain the planting bed directly in front of the cabin's porch.



If I just keep wiggling things, in another ten years or so it should all be wiggled into place.

6 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Sometimes if you can get a lever under it, a rock will roll. I've been known to slide a hand truck under one, too.

Christopher C. NC said...

NellJean this is not the kind of terrain where you want to get a rock a rollin unless I want to get it off the property completely.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Rock envy. Yep, I got a bad case of rock envy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Lisa, me too. I have to PAY for rocks.
Sallysmom

Lola said...

Me too Lisa. Rocks are scarce round here.
Love the wigglin'. Know about getting rocks off property. lol

Barry said...

So now you know how hard Maui had to pull to hold the sun over Haleakala for his mother...