Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Like It Much Better



It has more movement, more notes, more interest and is buried deeper than previously. It was too high out of the ground before and that annoyed me too. The ground was a little more willing to give today, thank you. You have to keep in mind it had been compacted more than once as a house pad and road bed. This was not soft ground.



Now I can contemplate it for a while and add notes here and there if needed. I'm even OK with the order by the front steps and repeated that at the service entrance for balance.

3 comments:

Laurrie said...

I really, really like the bottle border so much better now. All it took was tension --- the naturalness of the rocks and curves vs. the artificial glass bottles. The greater randomness you created vs. the repetition. It really works! I bet you are happier now.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I agree. The crescendo is about to be brought forth.

Wally said...

Oh, I LIKE that idea, that's fantastic, how clever!