Friday, June 28, 2013

Definition

It has been several days since I went on a Clematis virginiana weeding frenzy. The compulsion has subsided. The first real mowing of the Great Lawn led me to discover that a little definition goes a long way in creating order out of chaos. A garden would appear if I carved one out of the Lush. I calmed down when I could see the garden.





















I've been spending bits of my time at the end of the day weed whacking some definition into things.





















The Creation, now visible again, adjoins the Great Lawn.





















Step one in garden making as far as I am concerned is how and where does the human body move through the space. I have no elephant to ride that will get me above the tall flower meadow. There has to be a way for a human to move through the Lush and to move through comfortably.





















Do step one and a garden magically appears. For the garden becoming, for my sanity, step one needs to be more routine maintenance. The Great Lawn, the paths, the beds, even the basement patio, all want to be be six feet tall. I have to carve a garden out of all that.





















There is no shortage of chaos. It's just more enjoyable to view when it's not wrapped around your legs and slapping you in the face.





















I'll get back to my weeding soon enough. I just want to know where the garden is first.

4 comments:

Lola said...

I like it. No more wrapping around the legs or slapping a face. One could travel with ease.
Hope to weed whack some tomorrow if not too sore.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is fun seeing all your stone work. I am glad it is uncovered.

Sallysmom said...

Are you mulching things?

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola, a little bit at a time gets it done eventually.

Lisa I like seeing the rocks in the time of vegetation too. Idecided against letting them disappear for the summer.

Sallysmom, no I have not been
mulching. I have to fetch the mulch from where the tree trimmers dump their chips, bring it home, then spread it. Not enough energy for that right now.