Monday, March 30, 2015

Twin Falls

Fall number two is hooked up and running. The first test went very well. It needs a few details tended to, but it works as intended.





















Would you believe I ran out of rocks? They are all used up except for a small pile of little ones. I need more big rocks. I will have to go fetch me some rocks. Fortunately I know where a good pile of them are.



























The existing chute that was mortared onto the large boulder worked just as I had hope. A full sheet of water slides down the boulder to the next fall and the stream channel below.



























More rocks, a set of details and Twin Falls Pond will be ready to flow. All I needed to finish this project was the proper operating temperatures.





















I took the lower trail and dipped into the forest on the way to supper. The Hepatica are blooming and I saw the first Bloodroot coming up.





















The Ramps are here.





















Tiny blue bulbs survived the snow and cold just fine.



















The daffodils were squashed. There were way more daffodils fallen than standing. Half the show has been lost. The cold did not hurt them. They were crushed by the snow.





















Thank goodness there are thousands of tiny blue bulbs to keep us happy while we wait for the second showing of daffodils.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

How I love blue flowers.If Chionodoxa is in pic 7...what is in pic 9?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The waterfalls are quite the project. I love all the spring bulbs. Blue does bring the sky onto the ground. Lovely.

Christopher C. NC said...

Dana the last picture is of Scilla.

Lisa all the little blue bulbs seem to have reached some critical population level because they seem to to be exploding in numbers.

Heaven Scent said...

Hi Christopher! I am enjoying trying to look back at some of your posts...you have been very busy! I love all your projects!