Thursday, March 12, 2015

Warming Up

I am only partially thrilled with a string of near 60 degree days. The bulbs are bursting forth and that is nice. It is still the beginning of March though. We don't want things to advance too quickly. April is notorious for snow and killer frosts. We don't want that.





















Warmish days interspersed with some freezing is best to keep things in check. Another snow would be fine.




















Getting back into the swing of work kind work is also best done at a slower pace with occasional breaks. Some where in my already full schedule I need to fit in chores that need doing in this garden. Among other things, I have a half prepped roadside vegetable garden and the time for the first sowing fast approaches.

A lot of things did not get done in February. I'm already feeling behind at the very beginning of things. Not good.





















Progress comes over many seasons. I do better with that long range view. Then undone chores become less important. The crocus I planted in a circle around the fire pit in the Great Lawn are starting to bloom. In another two to three years as the bulbs multiply, it could be quite a show. I hope it will be a decent showing this year.





















There was some freeze thaw movement in my newest little wall. It's more of a rock edging than a proper wall. It needs to be reset though. I'll get to it at some point.





















Spring arrived rather abruptly. Now I am moving as fast as I have the energy for. Things need to be done. It will be time to start editing in another month.


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yes, once the warmth begins so do the chores. Such excitement.

Christopher C. NC said...

It seems to be feast or famine with the chores Lisa.

Lola said...

That's for sure. Chores, can't avoid them.

beverly said...

I am gratified to hear you have the same feeling I do about being behind already. So many things that could have been done on a nice February thaw day were lost to persistent snow. I have been feeling a bit depressed about it all rather than my usual spring euphoria; you made me feel better!

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola my destiny is chores.

Bev good to hear I am not alone in feeling that. Makes me feel better about it.