Monday, September 7, 2015

Changing Moods

The morning light is softer it seems. It could also be it rises a bit later with me. I am just present and semi-alert enough to see this early light.



























There is more than light to show the mood is changing. The central red cauliflower like blooms on tall stalks rising high in a meadow are fading to a dustier hue. The seed making phase has begun.





















There will be a good crop this year. That bodes well for the future. The angelica has settled into a community of wildness.





















All the tall grasses are sending up their bloom spikes to finish off the season.





















The golden rods are massing into a giant golden wave.



























I had never noticed this detail of the finished flower of the Helianthus maximiliani. I do know it sets seed and wanders about. Transplanting some of it did not go so well.



























The Tall Flower Meadow was a bit squashed in Saturday's downpour. I have been ambling through fluffing things up. I will give things a chance to rise before the clippers come out.





















The meadow is bowed. It is not broken. This is a first step in its return to the earth.





















It must be the direction of the light. It is much harder to capture all the color from this angle. My eye sees it just fine. This angle does give a good view of the entire sweep of the Tall Flower Meadow on the slope below the cozy cabin. The Great Lawn is a fine cool place to sit and see it all.





















The asters have begun. They have had two nice long drinks since Saturday. It was badly needed. The asters were drying. I was beginning to lose some before the show was completely done.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is so incredibly dry here. It makes me sad that there is nothing I can do about it. I do water the pots and newly (this year) planted shrubs and trees. I have lost the fancy fir I tried to grow. Bah humbug.

Sallysmom said...

We got a bit or rain the other day. It was so little the rain gauge couldn't measure it. We are watering what we can but it does no good when it is very hot (near 100) and bone dry.

Lola said...

Same here, more rain. So wet cannot mow. Glad you will have seed.