Sunday, September 27, 2015

Three Days Of Rain

Parts of my house are cleaner than they were. Some things that never should have been cleaned are. I'm no Hazel though. There is plenty of filth left. I have been stuck inside for three days by non stop mist and rain. Some folded laundry and cleaning was the result.

But with all this rain that won't quit, there will be no bloody moon eclipse for me tonight. Unless by some miracle the clouds part in the night.





















There has been a wee bit of wind with all this rain. Leaves are falling. Leaves start falling at this time of year with or without wind and drought and rain. Fall is still scheduled for October 17th to the 24th.





















Will the Tall Flower Meadow perk up for one last hurrah? I hope so. My asters were just getting started. It was a gentle rain, but three days worth of water makes big fat flower heads heavy. Unfortunately the extended diagnosis is looking very moist. They may never get dry enough to lighten the load.

If it is going to be all over, I might as well chop it all down and spend a little more quality time with the winter under garden. But, I won't.





















Fall is next on the agenda. It will happen soon enough. I will let the vegetation return to the earth however it sees fit.





















Even bent there is still something to see in the Tall Flower Meadow. In the right light it can still appear magical, if perhaps spooky magical. The Goth Period just came early this year.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am still awaiting rain. Sun is shining as I type. Bah humbug...

Christopher C. NC said...

Poor Lisa. Maybe this next one, reconstituted from the same blob that has been sitting on my head for days and starting all over right this moment, will make its way north to you.

beverly said...

Yes we are praying for rain up here in MD. I spend all my days watering (lots of new stuff). As for the eclipse, I always find the photos on Facebook and elsewhere exceed what I am able to see, so I went to bed early last night. The photos didn't disappoint!

Lola said...

More rain here, like we need more. I remember those rainy days,