Saturday, September 19, 2015

On A Quiet Day

I ambled slowly through a garden



























With all kind bugs twirling and buzzing about me





















I filled a box with butternut squash
And watched low rays light things on fire





















Blue asters are coming






















To fulfill the last rite of a growing season





















I saw amber waves in a setting sun




















Because I got lucky and planted grasses in the exact right location to catch the last beams of light.


3 comments:

Lola said...

I agree. Beautiful. Wish I could see it in person.

Carol McKenzie said...

Stunning. The blue asters are my favorite. There was only one clump of blues on our property. I divided it and moved them up to one of the gardens, where they decided they liked it, and are blooming beautifully. I also cut them back (one of them) in July to keep them a little shorter. They arch nicely over the things around them, rather than drooping.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola maybe one day you can see it in person. You have an open invitation.

Carol let those asters go to seed and learn to recognize the baby plants and you should have plenty more in no time.