Saturday, August 5, 2017

Almighty Close

I achieved satisfaction that the water was staying inside the lines. That was done with many test runs after each load of rock was placed in the channel bed. It is completely full now.





















I was free to start cutting away the excess underlayment and rubber liner.





















What remains to be completed are the channel walls and one kind island.





















At the end of week six I am Almighty close, so I pause. The next big rock toting will wait until next weekend. There will be some some fiddling no doubt and I still have a few rocks to work with.

I keep a clean work area so it won't be hard. This week the perimeter will be picked up and cleaned for planting. That can wait until proper fall planting time in another month or so. The other garden needs me right now.

The Almighty Falls are running. This is the first overnight run test. Testing is not over. I am hoping for an A+. When I arrive tomorrow, I want to see it running at overflow level just the way I left it.





















My Good Morning Weeds are all closed up when I get home. There is ample light left and the Tall Flower Meadow is building in bloom. I went out after I got home and sowed Pink Lady Slipper seeds in what I hope will be just the right spot.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I bet you feel accomplished already. I can't wait to see it all planted up.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa this is a major mile stone. The over night run test got an A+. It was still running at over flow level from the spring water feeding into the system. Hooray!!!!