Sunday, August 20, 2017

Now In Bloom

Two thirds of the wild cultivated gardens are ready for company. I spent three hours next door today clearing paths and doing a touch of snap weeding. I slipped in the mowing of the sunny utility meadow one evening last week.





















The Tall Flower Meadow is last on the list, but it was the section most recently mowed.





















I wandered in there yesterday to cut all the tall stems that had flopped over the paths. It makes mowing so much easier to do when that is done first at this stage of the growing season.





















I no longer cringe when I cut quite viable blooming stems off at the ground. In this abundance, they are not missed.

We are on course for a spectacular late summer bloom. There have been no smashing storms or herds of loose cows. Let the good fences, gentle rains and cool winds remain in charge.