Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Garden In August

I have not shown the roadside view much this year. Let's start there.

Eight years? Nine years? Miscanthus 'Morning Light' has pretty much taken control of its space.





















There is fine produce in there.




















Inside the roadside vegetable garden it is just as rambunctious as the rest of the place.





















Vegetables will turn feral if you let them.





















The backdrop to produce.





















This will be a proper garden tour. Let's go in.





















A first, most of the Variegated Feather Reed Grass did not bloom this year. My best guess is last year's late summer drought.





















The cozy cabin is only glimpsed in the time of vegetation.




















Stone walls peak out from the Lush.





















The paths are mowed and open for meanders.





















The forest trees screen the scenic byway.





















A river runs through it.





















The Great Lawn is in a fuzzy state.





















I did manage to mow a path to travel.





















The Tall Flower Meadow rises to the top.





















Excited yet? It is getting ready to pop.





















It started as a simple notion and evolved from there. I listened and kept doing the next right thing.





















The basement patio is a path hub.





















And closer viewing platform.





















My garden is amazing. Its most amazing feat this season is that it has asked nothing of me except to mow the paths. Just when I needed it most, I have had to do nothing to it since the beginning of June.





















Miss 'Jane' Magnolia has decided to do a light repeat bloom. I'm good with that.

I hope you enjoyed the tour. I did.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can see why you would enjoy a tour. I did enjoy this virtual tour. I would enjoy seeing your garden now that it has matured. Maybe some day...

Judith said...

I had to chuckle at your statement "vegetables will turn feral". With all the rain this year we definitely have feral vegetables. Lots of foliage, but fewer fruit than normal. We have one butternut squash that is determined to take over the world. No garden path is left uncovered.

C. C. said...

Loved it, thank you! I'd be sitting on your basement patio every spare moment. What a wonderful view.

Jan O said...

Just wow. Thank you for sharing.