Monday, August 21, 2017

Planting The Almighty Falls And Fish

Planting around the Almighty Falls began on Saturday. The mulch alone made a world of difference in defining what was going on.





















More planting was done this morning, adding the ferns I did not get to before and transplanting some Darmera from the other pond.





















The biggest solid slab of rock with a baby Japanese Maple on Saturday. I removed those two square rocks after deciding I did not like them there.





















More mulch, more ferns, before the Darmera and I scraped clean a higher section of the solid slab of rock in the center. It could use a bath for best effect. For now I will wait for rain.

I need a groundcover for below and in front of the Japanese Maple that will grow on top of this wet rock, but what?





















Starts of pond plants went in on Saturday after the Almighty flush. This morning a sack of thirty six feeder goldfish were released into the pond. I always expect to lose some. If the bulk of them survive, I can buy more expensive nice fishes.





















A life time of maintenance at the Almighty Falls begins.