Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Almost

The left side of the falls is done and I managed to do it mostly by stacking and with very little glue.





















This is what it looked like at the end of Monday.





















I was so so close to being building done and ran out of time and interest. There is that little bit left on the far side in the back corner. I did manage to move a pile of rocks below the big boulder to finish it off. The end is near.





















A left over pile of river rock was placed at the top of one of my spring catchment systems. That channel drains into the stream. It has a substantial flow. If all goes well the Almighty Falls will operate at constant overflow level. That will make my life so much easier.





















The rock man is back. It was time to move some big boulders.





















He can only reach so far over the wall. I said put them here.





















I wanted a viewing bench. It is almost time to sit.





















I asked the rock man how many loads of rock he brought. Ten and a quarter or about forty five tons, he said. Oh God. Add in the excavation and the building of the substructure beneath the rubber liner and I moved near eighty tons of rock.

I can't believe I did it. I most certainly could not have without all the rock fetchers helping.

Time and gravity is now in charge. I sure hope it outlasts me cause I sure don't want to put it back together if it all falls down.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I will help you all I can...I hope nothing falls either. You are good at shuffling and stacking rocks. I have faith that it will stand at least until you have nothing to do with it. You deserve a good seat to enjoy your work. What fun to have such a waterfall in a garden.

Cindy, MCOK said...

Christopher, WHOA, eighty tons moved???? You are one lean mean rock moving machine!

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I am a pretty good rock stacker. It should hold up pretty well. Winter will be the first test. Now on to make a garden for the Almighty Falls.

Yes I know Cindy and in just two months. I do not however want to do this ever again.