Friday, October 19, 2007

Onward

It's Here!

Step on The Bus.
Time for the Fall Foliage Tour.

I have been on the go since last Wednesday with four trips to Asheville and one side trip to Maggie Valley.


















Some of the roadside culture catches my eye almost as much as the ever increasing drama of the fall foliage.




























I have yet to capture a picture that really expresses what my eyes are seeing. It is incredible. Almost gives me goosebumps.















This is the valley directly below my mountaintop home. The next three shots add up to a panorama going from left to right.








































In my travels I am hoping a job will materialize. There has been a sudden flush of possibilities.












And I have had reason to to drive and see more of this thing called fall.














Tomorrow we head higher up, to the Blueridge Parkway, with my cousin and his family for a short hike. Perhaps I will get "The Picture" that will truly convey one of nature's most spectacular shows.




























But for now our tour must come to a stop.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may already have gotten "the picture" with that yellow one near the bottom. Beautiful!

Carol Michel said...

Maybe "the picture" is the third one up from the bottom, all multi-colored. That's stunning.

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

Anonymous said...

My husband (a Florida native) wants to retire there and I can't conceive of missing this show every year. It's interesting to see it afresh through your (new) eyes. Think you made a good choice to move?
Best of luck on the job search; sounds promising!

Christopher C. NC said...

Bev my entire family lives in Florida. That is where I grew up. The resident gardeners here split their time between the two places. Given a choice of places to live, I would chose North Carolina.

Ki said...

You live in a great area of this country. I love all the hills and mountains. The colors this year must be quite different from other years because of the drought. Do you think it's more or less colorful than normal?

Christopher C. NC said...

Ki this is my first year living here through a fall so I do not know what normal is. The drought here in the mountains was less severe than in the rest of NC and the drought stricken southeast. The colors are incredible so I don't see how this can be an off year.

lisa said...

Personally, I think that second to last shot with the yellow is awesome, even if it doesn't have "all" the colors.