Sunday, February 1, 2009

In Praise Of Sunny Days

When the sun comes out and the temperature rises, things start to happen. A bunch more siding got stuck to the side of the cozy cabin. Hooray!



I made a pair of siding hangers from a roll of metal flashing that holds the weight of the siding in place while I nail it on. That made the job a thousand times easier. Once I have a few nails in, the flat metal slips right out from under the siding and I can finish nailing it in place.



There was one snafu though.



All that sunny warmth turned my steep driveway into goo and my truck wouldn't make it up the driveway. That is the first time that has happened. My truck is stuck next door until the ground freezes again, like tomorrow, or it totally thaws and drains, like in March. This freeze thaw goo is a pain. It is good to know these things though. There is plenty flat space at the top of the drive that I can just park there in the future when the threat of snow or goo is imminent.

Someday I might actually have to be some where on schedule.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking really good, Christopher. Thank goodness for a warmer day finally. We have that goo too, certain places on the paths that have never been slippery before now are a mud bowl. Pine straw to the rescue here. Maybe some carboard will help you?
Frances

Christopher C. NC said...

It has been that cold for you Frances? Enough to freeze the ground relatively deep?

I was able to get the truck out on the hard as a rock frozen driveway this morning. Good thing cause more snow is a commin' and I need to stock up.