Monday, February 2, 2009

So Much For Rain

The clouds up here apparently missed the memo that called for rain first. In two hours, at least an inch, maybe two fell and turned the world white once more. I don't think I have seen it snow this hard before. It was a dramatic transformation.



The really big snow is predicted for tomorrow, along with more bitter cold. Despite the fact that it had already begun to snow, I went to town for supplies. I was running low on food and thought it was best to go now before the roads froze. First I had to add a few more pieces of siding while I could and early this morning I had driven my truck up my froze solid driveway before it had a chance to turn back into goo.

Lower down the clouds had gotten the memo and it was rain. Coming back up it turned back into snow. That last quarter mile on a twisty ascending road on the side of a steep mountain was a bit freaky. The snow had begun to pile up on the road. There was a bit of slipping and sliding. I got there before the plow.



I think I now have three certified indoor kitties. And no litter box.



The weather diagnosis looks like I could be stuck here until Friday. Even the good, more level driveway at the resident gardeners' house is a hundred yards long.



What a view!

5 comments:

chuck b. said...

They found you just in time.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Throw another log on the fire, heat the tea kettle, curl up with the Spots and let er snow.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you were able to get to town and stock up. It really does look like a winter wonderland! Your kitties are so cute! Do they like to go out in the snow? My one dog loves it, but my other one hates it.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you did stock up, but am wondering about no litter box. Do you have sand anywhere about? Our weather was the same, supposed to be rain and it decided it wanted to be the more glam snow instead. More forecast. And much colder. Then warmer for the weekend, hooray! For we are comin'
'round the mountain then! ;-0
Frances

Christopher C. NC said...

I think that's right Chuck.

I'm ready Lisa. Maybe I will make a fire later today.

Siria, the spotlets do like to play in the snow. Mama Spot, not so much.

Frances, luckily they seem to view the house as a giant insulated cat carrier house and will poop and pee when I toss them out. I made a shredded news paper thing just in case, but it hasn't seen any activity. It should be a nice weekend, 60 degrees, for comin' round the mountain.