Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Joe Pye's Cousin

Boneset, Eupatorium perfoliatum planted itself by the service entrance and the front steps. The flowers are identical to the White Snakeroot, Ageratina altissima. The plant is a much more attractive though. I'll let it wander about at will.



Why do I like the glass bottle edging around Turd Blossom Lake better than around the cabin side bed. Is it the rocks mixed in, the contrast with the pea gravel, the less rigid line?



The ground was softer there. I know that.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Cousin is pretty. I like the bottles on this side better too. Must be the rocks.

Lola said...

I agree, cousin is pretty. It's a keeper.
I think the difference in the 2 bottle arrangements is the turd box lake is more relaxed, easy flow not rigid. Mixed material helps to soften the edge.Cabin side seems more rigid, just placed so so. Maybe special rocks would help.
Just my opinion.

Gardener in the Distance said...

If it means anything, Christopher, I really like the bottles interspersed with the stones, as you've got them here...

Gardener in the Distance said...

If it means anything, Christopher, I really like the bottles interspersed with the stones, as you've got them here...