Monday, September 17, 2012

Now The Angels Rest

More rocks were added to the back side of the rubber lined pond. It looks pretty naturalistic.




















More plants were planted, but it can use more. I need iris and what ever else may strike my fancy. More steppable ground covers can be placed along the flagstone path.




















The babbling brook is 99% complete. The angel has come to rest.




















Next I will add several bags of the smaller round pond stones from the big box store in a few locations for more texture and the realism of a natural stream.




















I am most pleased with my first ever babbling brook and rubber lined pond. This does not mean I will try this at home. I have a stream. I'll put a path beside it and work on its babble.




















The storm overflow test will be beginning tonight. The little rain there was today did show the overflow worked at a trickle. I am curious to see a storm surge move through. If it is all still there Wednesday morning I'll take it to mean that it worked.




















A closer look at the detail in the bottom of a babbling brook.




















I think it is ready for goldfish.


5 comments:

Dianne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Job well done. Bring on the rain.

Lola said...

Gorgeous. Just wondering how it would do this winter. Won't it freeze?

chuck b. said...

As someone who once tried to build a pond, I am VERY IMPRESSED with your first effort. WOW.

Christopher C. NC said...

Thanks Dianne.

Lisa when the phone rang this morning and I saw it was the rubber lined pond owners, I was like uh-oh. He called to let me know the storm overflow worked perfectly and that he was very pleased. Relief!

Lola I am prepared for winter and freezing. I can remove the pump and drain the water line.

Chuck I did lots of reading before I began and nosed around other babbling brooks and ponds.