Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Barely Contained

The chicory is currently as tall as the Miscanthus 'Morning Light'. The two of them look like they are ready to break down the rickety old split rail fence. One day I'll get me a new old looking fence.





















I think things will be looking pretty good on Saturday. The monsoon has ebbed though we are about to get smacked with a strong thunderstorm. Things were drying out and standing straight and tall again.





















I need more Feather Reed Grass and more Liatris is more places. I already planted another dozen of the variegated Yucca filamentosa. A different patch of these bloomed last year and made copious quantities of seed. It will be interesting if I start finding baby yuccas in my weeding



























The daylilies are all over the wild cultivated gardens. Those in more sun bloom much much better. They're not the least bit shy about self sowing. For now I leave them where they come up. Moving them is not a priority. They're just another wild flower.





















The driveway is really all that keeps this bed pushed back. My editing out the tall things that flop over is all that prevents the driveway from closing up by the end of summer.





















The Lush is a powerful force. Add lots of water and it gets even more exuberant. I weed. I whack paths through it. I keep adding shorter and better blooming things. Its only barely contained.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Seems like warm months are for beauties to reproduce. It looks lovely.