Saturday, August 16, 2014

Patience

All these cool mornings of driving through thick fog on the way to work makes it feel much later in the season than it is.  There is still plenty green in the tall flower meadow and much to bloom before the time of the blue asters in September.

The White Snakeroot and three at least species of Goldenrod are just beginning to show color in the buds. The Ironweed is a little further behind. I have seen the first few open flowers on the I can't keep track of how many species of asters.

I want to see waves of bloom in the meadow now. It is better if it waits for two weeks when the sisters arrive





















I wait all year for this grand finale. I guess I can wait a few weeks longer. There is plenty to keep me occupied in the meantime.

The delicate blue of Clematis stans weaves through the Lush on rambling stems.



























The snow white of Boneset stands tall on rigid stems making excellent landing platforms for a host of pollinators.





















I have Joe Pye and it lasts a good long while, well into the grand finale before the bloom heads fade to dusty brown and spread their seed.





















There is a hint of things to come. I will be patient. There should never be a rush towards the barren time.


1 comment:

Lola said...

That is a virture. Love those flowers.